- 1 Whole Roaster Chicken
- ¼ cup of Agave Nectar for basting
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
Tequila Lime Marinade:
- 2 tbsp of Southwestern Chile Rub
- 2 tbsp of Achiote Paste
- ¼ cup of Tequila
- 12 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 Limes juiced
- 1 Orange juiced
- ⅛ cup of Cilantro
- 1 tbsp of Oregano
- In a bowl or bag, add your chicken. Blend together the Tequila Lime Marinade and pour over chicken. Place the chicken in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours but ideally overnight.
- After marinating time is over, preheat your fire to a medium high temperature of 350F. Create it using a 3 zone cooking method with the rotisserie between the two fires.
- Pull out your chicken and skewer onto the rotisserie spike. Secure and truss the chicken over the legs and wings.
- Add your chicken to the rotisserie and begin cooking for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F at the thickest part. About 10 minutes before it is done, baste the outside with agave nectar.
Once chicken is done, pull off and let rest for 2-3 minutes. Top off with some chopped cilantro, lime juice and agave nectar. Enjoy!